Saturday, August 23, 2014

Get Your Own Made With Code Bracelet!

 

I love edgy, spiked jewelry. So when I saw these #MadeWithCode bracelets, I was instantly sold. They're stylish, comfortable, and even...educational?

Google launched Made With Code to inspire girls to get into the tech industry and close the gender gap. The idea behind these bracelets is that you design them on your own, using code. The code then gets sent to a 3D printer and is designed specially for you! Oh and did I mention they're completely free, shipping and all. You can code them to say whatever you want; I chose my name and "Dream Big."

Now, style wasn't the only reason I was drawn to these bracelets. Last year, my sorority partnered with a similar organization, "Girls who Code," to encourage women to get interested in technology as well. I work in media, and what a lot of people don't know is that code is a vital skill to have in this industry! Currently, I'm working on the print side of a magazine, but when I was in web, I used HTML to format how I wanted my articles to appear online. If it wasn't for code, websites couldn't exisit!

As I mentioned above, I was definitely surprised when my bracelet came at just how wearable it is. I have one other 3D printed bracelet, and it's bulky and kind of itchy. These Made With Code bracelets slide on easily since they have openings at the bottom, and feel like any other bangle. Since I already have a collection of spikey bracelets, they blend into my arm party perfectly!

What will your Made With Code bracelet say? Design it here for free!



5 comments:

  1. I made one a little while ago, and they're so fun! Plus, I think it's a really great project. :)

    xo,
    Zoe | La Vie en Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing! I never heard of Made With Code, but this is something I support 100%. I love how organizations are forming to promote women in the science and technology fields. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I just made a bracelet with my blog's name, and can't wait for it to come! I want to learn html since I know it'll be a great skill to set me apart from other applicants (I'm looking towards a media career as well!). Thanks for the link and the reminder to get on my html skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...