Monday, September 1, 2014

Speckled Mani + Tops Coats That Look Like Major Nail Art

 

Looking for a quick, but fun manicure this past week, I painted my nails mint with black and white polka dots on top. Mint is such a summery color that I wanted to cover it up a bit for more of an end-of-summer vibe. As for how to get polka dots like mine, it's actually way easier than it looks--that's not nail art, it's a topcoat! I used Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots Collection in Clearly Spotted.

When I first finished this design, I wasn't expecting much of a reaction to it. The green was bright, perhaps too bright, for this time of the year when the weather is getting colder not warmer. But all week, I've been getting compliments at work. A makeup artist at a fashion photo shoot I worked on even asked me for tips on recreating the design!

To get this look, paint your nails your favorite color. Then, grab a final effects topcoat and you'll have notable looking nail art in seconds. Make sure your polish and top coat are different enough that there's some major contrast for a bolder design. The only downside is that the polka dots are hard to get off your nail, like glitter polish.

Shop my favorite top coats that look like major nail art below:


4 comments:

  1. I love this post! I would totally wear this manicure!

    http://girlinbetsey.blogspot.ca/2014/09/studs.html
    -Krystin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome look! The polka dots are certainly unique and an eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute nail look! I need to get in the habit of doing my nails more regularly.

    ♥Emma, of It's Emma Elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to try this, your nails look really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...